Serves 4 people
400gr of turnip greens,
4 swine sausages,
3 garlic slices,
250gr of tomato puree,
salt & pepper as you like
1. Clean and wash thoroughly turnips, then put them to dry. Boil them with water slightly salted until they’re well cooked. Estimed time: 15 minutes.
2. Drain the turnips, then chop them finely with a knife.
3. Meanwhile, boil a little pot of water and parboil the sausages after you’ve punctured with a fork the skin.
4. Sausages are meant to be only parboiled and slightly degreased. Heat in a saucepan (big enough to comfortably carry sausages and turnips) 2 extra-virgin olive oil spoons, then let the 2 garlic slices (cut into two shares each one) brown. Add the sausages well dried: let them roast evenly.
5. When sausages will look well roasted add turnips and tomato puree. Adjust the amount of salt and, if you want, use some pepper.
6. Cook for 10 minutes, then serve and enjoy.